Friday, August 27, 2004

My Cabin


My Cabin
Originally uploaded by etarak.
Most of you know already, so this is just a reminder, some of you don't so hey, guess what. OCTOBER 22 begins the "Screw the Real World Weekend". I'm not talking about the show on MTV. I'm talking about the "work my ass off for money that pays for things I don't need and sometimes don't want" real world. The gossip filled,need more money, I'm too tired, printer is jammed, coffee drinking, taxed to the max, 40 hours at least, dry-cleaning, white out stroking, no summer break, parents don't pay for food or cook anymore, bills, bills, bills, I'm getting fat, I'm going bald, go out on Wednesday night?, my knee hurts, my back hurts, my neck hurts, my pride hurts, world!!! Ever since my voicemail started with a "Thanks for calling so and so" instead of "This is Derek leave a message", my life has been missing a youthful side. So lets leave the lower peninsula to the zombies and go up to a place untouched by the "Real World" where the only reminders of civilization will be beer and cigarettes. Where nudity is ok, and a group of white people rapping around a fire doesn't seem too out of place. Some place that it's ok to drink when you wake up, and it's ok to cook your steak on the ground. Where the only reading material is playboy or penthouse and the closest hospital is hours away. Everyone is invited from single guys and girls to couples. It doesn't matter if you shovel all day, or sit in a cubicle, it's time to get out of the real world. Who needs constant electricity anyway? Bring your cell phones to really feel the separation from home, cause they won't work. There is plenty of places to sleep and poop. If you have any questions just call me. I will post directions on my blog closer to the time of departure. Most of you got emails saying exactly all of the above, this is for you who didn't or those who have forgotten. By the way, its the little red roof in the picture. So, that goes to show that there aren't any 7-11 stores or CVS's near by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home